1. The two $100K wins late in the season (Mike and Latoya; let’s not forget about the first tiebreaker in more than a decade for Latoya’s episode).
2. Sheri Blank’s epic $77K maingame. She also won $33K in the BR to end with over $110K.
3. Robert Santoli’s dominance on March 25 this year (his episode is re-airing tomorrow!).
4. Allison Croll’s nice BR solve of FUJI APPLE even without anything in the first word winning her $45K on Oct. 7.
5. Andrew Satriano on Halloween week rebounding after missing the first Tossup (“ALIEN VS. PREDATOR; he botched the pronunciation of the second word) and winning $45K in the BR to end w/ over $80K+.
6. Steven Cahill saved by the H’s on his BR puzzle of HIGH VELOCITY and winning $50K on Nov. 2.
7. Back-to-back $50K BR wins on March 15 and 16th.
8. One of the Jans giving me a compliment about my site. They were IN GOOD COMPANY of nailing their bonus puzzle with all their choices on the board. Wish their envelope had been more.
1. The sole $100K loss of the season that tarnished what was a great maingame on Dec. 23. Michael Taylor gets the DISHONORABLE MENTION yet again for declaring a technical win. Get out of my site, a-hole.
2. False $1M rumors.
3. Too many $33K envelopes. $34K will be just as bad.
4. Too many BR losses during the first 2/3rds this season.
5. So close to a perfect BR week on the third America’s Game week. It didn’t help that we had a low-scoring maingame.
6. Darnel on the Friday episode of Teachers Week at the start of the season. He blew $12K in the Express Round thinking the last letter is C instead of K for “IT’S MY TURN TO PLAY HOOKY”. He deserved to go home with $1K and gets an earful from his students.
7. John Jackson’s STUPID MW gamble on the Thursday episode of Big Money Week, costing him $11,900 cash & trip.
8. SOLAR POWER LUNCH fiasco from Oct. 2
9. Henry Ha’s unnecessary ride on the EXPRESS costing him $20,415 cash & Fiesta. Dumb, dumb move.
10. Tragic 11-second $50K loss by Aaron Chun on the Tuesday episode of Carnival Spin & Sail week.
10. “Clueless” Christine Kennard commits the cardinal sin of repeating an answer (HOMEMADE WAFFLES) that was already said in the Tossup on January 20. She called us out on my site but my point still stands.
11. On Nov. 12, David Yoder blowing his BR puzzle of “WARMING UP THE OVEN” and the C-MAX Hybrid to end up in one of the three bottom totals this season.
12. Roxann Russo on Nov. 3 commits two critical duds in R2 and R3. I gave her the award for WORST CONTESTANT OF THE SEASON.
13. Not much magic for that Disney theme week in February.
DISHONORABLE MENTION goes to that troll who created that stupid ripwof site and threatened to kill me. He needs to be arrested, period.